Get Involved With Pionero Philanthropy
Help us bridge the gap between nonprofits, donors, and information seekers around the globe in order to facilitate long-lasting and positive change in Guatemala!
Donate To A Nonprofit
Invest with confidence and support one of Pionero Philanthropy’s vetted partner nonprofits. All of our partners undergo our 5 Pillar Evaluation to ensure adherence to academically supported best practices of nonprofit management. Search our interactive map to discover our Guatemalan nonprofit partners or contact us for information on how we can help you find the perfect cause!
Support Pionero Philanthropy
Pionero Philanthropy is a 501(c)3 registered nonprofit, and, as such, we also need support! We are a small start-up nonprofit assessment organization that has been operating since 2017 conducting research, evaluating and supporting Guatemalan nonprofits, and collating data. Pionero Philanthropy needs funds to support our operations and continue connecting people to great causes and creating lasting, meaningful outcomes. Make a tax-deductible donation to Pionero Philanthropy, or contact us for information on how you can support our work with in-kind donations.
Donate your time & skills
Board of Directors
Pionero Philanthropy is seeking a larger, active, and committed board to engage the US audience in order for the organization to become more impactful and financially sustainable.
We are seeking candidates with any of the following skillsets:
- Grants Development
- Academic & Research Partnerships
- SEO / Marketing / PR
To apply: Send your resume to email@example.com.
Pionero Philanthropy is always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Ambassador Program!
Ambassadors represent Pionero Philanthropy by promoting our organization and our partners, engaging on social media, attending events, and spreading the word about our work.
We have 3 types of ambassador roles available:
- Write blog posts relating to Pionero Philanthropy’s work, spotlighting partner nonprofits, or other topics relevant to Guatemalan philanthropy and nonprofit work
- Assist in the dissemination of Pionero Philanthropy’s content by contacting and partnering with philanthropy related websites, magazines, forums, etc.
- Post and share relevant content and events on your social media
- Stay abreast of current events that may relate to Pionero Philanthropy’s work, especially in the United States, so posts can be relevant and informative
- Represent Pionero Philanthropy in your home state or country and attend events on behalf of our organization
- Host one online fundraising event during your ambassador tenure
- Complete a scoping memo highlighting relevant events occurring in the next 6 months that would be beneficial to Pionero Philanthropy
- Attend in-person events in your local area representing Pionero Philanthropy
- Facilitate connections between Pionero Philanthropy and potential clients
- Passion for philanthropy and promoting grassroots nonprofit organizations in Guatemala
- Time commitment of 2-5 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Spanish language ability is not a requirement but is a plus
Additional Optional Ambassador Tasks:
- Host a training workshop for either interested partner nonprofits or Pionero Philanthropy staff in your skill area
- Visit Pionero Philanthropy and our partner nonprofits in Guatemala
- Write a blog post for Pionero Philanthropy’s monthly blog
Send your resume, social media handles, and a short paragraph telling us why you’d like to join our Ambassador Program to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Pionero Ambassador Program Application” in the subject line. Please state the role you’d like to apply for in your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Research Partnership Program
Pionero Philanthropy is always looking to expand our knowledge and our lens. Our Research Partnership Program opens the door for academic collaboration and internship opportunities.
We partner with academic individuals and institutions to conduct research in the field of philanthropy and/or nonprofit management. Propose your own research topic or help us investigate a predetermined theme! Remote and on-the-ground opportunities are available.
- Literature review
- Writing and editing
- Data collection
- Presentation of research
- Data entry, organization, and maintenance
- Analysis of data
- Hypothesis testing
- Data visualization
Pionero Philanthropy is aware that many Master’s programs in the United States require the completion of an internship in order to be eligible for graduation. As such, we are more than happy to assist potential students with their completion of academic course credit through this research opportunity and can coordinate directly with academic advisors to ensure open communication and a task information delivery plan.
Additionally, for individuals not in need of academic course credit, Pionero Philanthropy’s Research Partnership Program provides the perfect opportunity for resume building. Pionero Philanthropy is happy to act as a professional reference after the completion of a successful partnership.
Pionero Philanthropy also partners directly with the institutions themselves. Pionero Philanthropy currently acts as a partner in the Connect Program at the University of Texas at Austin’s RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service through the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs.
Contact us at email@example.com with your interest, individual resume or institutional information. Inquiries are reviewed on a rolling basis. We look forward to hearing from candidates and working together to provide an innovative look into the Guatemalan nonprofit and philanthropic sectors!