Living our Values, Walking the Talk
Living Our Values, Walking The Talk
Pionero Philanthropy has had an extremely positive, eventful and exciting month!
We welcomed a new Donor Relations Manager, Head Researcher and Communications Manager in addition to taking new client calls and making new Nonprofit partnerships in more remote areas of Guatemala.
With all these encouraging developments, I also felt it was time to take a moment, reassess, and revisit the strategic plan because “of all the contrasts between the successful and unsuccessful or between the leader and the follower, the single most important differentiating factor is strategy” (Olson and Currie 1992).
Furthermore, in addition to going through the Strategy process, I personally felt it was just as important to, as a team, reflect on ensuring that the company is walking its talk and living its values. It was time to hold a mirror up to Pionero and ensure it is meeting or exceeding the same high standards it expects of the NPOs it collaborates with.
The team spent 4 days in Antigua, Guatemala, at Pionero HQ revisiting and fine-tuning our values, vision and mission and making a Strategy Map which broke down these bigger picture elements into goals, objectives, measures, targets, and actions with deadlines.
So what did we decide in order for Pionero to deliver maximum Impact, Efficiency, Transparency, Sustainability and Relevance? How can we lead by example and be true to our expectations of others? Below is a selection of the objectives we committed to put into action for 2018/2019 based on the 5 pillars we evaluate our NPOs on.
- We shall publish comprehensive Annual Reports that shall be published online which go into more detail than what is required.
- We shall publish our 2019 Strategic Plan online.
- We shall always be open and honest in our communications to both NPOs and Donors in order to keep both parties satisfied.
- We shall publish comprehensive Impact Reports using a variety of Monitoring and Evaluation tools for each collaboration and project we are involved with.
- We shall increase impact year on year as we grow and collaborate with more donors and NPOs
- We shall incorporate as a 501c3 Nonprofit in the USA so donor funds can be sent to (typically smaller) NPOs that aren’t registered in the US via the Pionero 501c3. This will ensure greater overall impact for NPOs and the wider community because it means that smaller NPOs won’t be overlooked because the US donor is unable to get a tax benefit
- We shall incorporate a new CRM system and processes for efficient working and communications.
- We shall evaluate how Pionero can be of greater assistance to NPOs and communities by carrying out a Needs Assessment of different Latin American countries in order to make the most informed decision regarding additional country expansion.
- We shall be carrying out Feedback and Satisfaction surveys to both NPOs and donors to ensure that our services are relevant and exceeding expectations.
- For sustainable operations, we are focussing on slow and steady expansion of the company going into 2019.
- We have committed to dedicate 2019 to verifying all processes and systems so that they are water tight, efficient and effective before scaling up to the next country expansion in Latin America.
Stay tuned for us putting these objectives in action soon!